I’ve been searching for Broccoli Cheddar soup for a month now, and had no luck at any of the drive thru’s I went to, normally only go for my decaf coffee (yes, decaf..trust me I don’t need caffeine lol), but always ask if they have the soup yet. I was skimming through cookbooks my sister dropped off the other day, and there was broccoli soup…I honestly couldn’t contain my excitement, so reading through it, seemed easy enough, so I ran to the grocery store to get the ingredients, also grabbed cans of tomato soup for the kids, ain’t gonna lie I won’t even bother trying to make that homemade. So here is the easiest (and really good) broccoli soup recipe I tried..
4 cups of broccoli cut into bite size pieces
1 ½ qt (6 cups) Chicken broth
2 cans cream of celery soup
2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese
2 cups Milk
4 Tbsp cornstarch
½ c cold water
- In large pot, cook broccoli in chicken broth for 10 min (may need longer depending how mushy you like your broccoli)
- In medium bowl, mix cream of celery soup and milk
- Blend cornstarch with cold water until well blended, then stir into soup mixture. Pour that into the broccoli and chicken broth
- Cook over medium heat, stirring steadily, until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and simmer, stirring until hot and melted…Don’t bring to boil.
Photo credit.. allrecipes.com