Racking my brain all week for new recipe for Taco Tuesday edition, and thanks to Facebook timeline showing up the Nacho Soup I made last year, and actually making again today. This is an easy, filling, comfort food that’s great for those winter chilly days.
2 pounds chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1 large onion, diced
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
6 cups chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese
1. Place chicken, onion, and spices into a 6-quart slow cooker. Mix the ingredients together. Once mixed, pour in chicken broth.
2. Set slow cooker to HIGH, cover and cook for 3 hours.
3. After 3 hours remove and shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
4. Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and add tomatoes, beans, heavy cream and cheese. Cover and set slow cooker to the LOW setting.
5. Let soup cook for an additional 45 minutes.
6. Top with your favorite garnishes, tortilla chips, and Enjoy!
Homemade baked tortilla chips with nacho soup.