Even with it being my day off yesterday, I was overly busy and forgot to post my Taco Tuesday recipe (DOH!), then someone left a comment about Spanish Wednesday, and yes, I can redeem myself 😊 Here’s one of my in-laws favorites that Grandma Hawks makes when she visits for the summer from the Keys in Florida…
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup rinsed canned black beans
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Brown meat with onions in large nonstick skillet. Add salsa, taco seasoning, corn and beans; mix well. Cover; simmer 5 min. Remove from heat.
- Place 1 tortilla in deep-dish 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; top with layers of 1/3 each of the meat mixture and cheese. Repeat all layers twice; cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 30 min. or until heated through, uncovering for the last 5 min. Let stand 5 min. before cutting to serve.
*top with sour cream, olives, or any garnish you would like…
Photo credit: Allrecipes.com